Tuesday 31 January 2012

Project Life 2012: January part 2

And on the last day of January, I give you the second part of my January PL entry, ta-da!

The layout features one of my new favourite things - a photo collage (of Chloe in her outfit) using a Tiny Template from Cathy Zielske, which are available from Designer Digitals. This is a 4x6 template but she also offers smaller Tiny Templates to fit into the 3x4 spots. Expect to see some of them in a page very soon!

I'm also loving the very cute Tweeting journal card, which was a fabulous freebie from Wild Blueberry Ink. I used this card to describe what is probably my favourite photo of the month:

In my continuing effort to make sure I feature in at least the occasional photo, I've included a quick snapshot of me taken from the webcam, when I was feeling full of the cold and sniffles. I gave the photo a quick blurring in Photoshop elements to represent the fuzzy way my head felt, and typed some journalling straight onto the photo. Sick is not my best look, but it's real!

This layout also features some handwritten journalling:


I don't particularly like my handwriting, but I think it's important to include this part of me. The same goes for Chloe - so I got her to fill out that cute little 'Favourite Outfit' journal card from My Minds Eye, which I then attached to a PL card by cutting a slit in the' Love this' circle to turn it into a flap to hold the smaller card, before embellishing with some jewels.

I'm finding that my stash of 7gypsies stickers are making a great addition to my PL layouts. They're sized just right.

Every time I slip something into one of these pockets on a PL layout, I get a little 'hurrah' feeling inside! Capturing these special and everyday memories has never been so simple, meaningful and fun.

Can't wait to share more PL goodness with your next month!

I'm linking up with The Mom Creative for Project Life Tuesday again - there are a lot of PLers from all over the globe linking up which is fab as you get to see how everyone is using PL and get some inspiration and encouragement.


13 comments:

  1. Nice layout Jules. You are so right about how capturing the everyday is so special.

    Love the costume too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout. I love that you included a note about 75% off. That's my kind of sale! Fun detail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the coffee picture and the cheetah and the fashionista!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it!! oh and you look so cozy warm in your cheetah hat!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that free tidbit, haven't figured out how to use it quite yet. such a fun cheetah print coat. so cute! love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the sweet comments everyone - it's great to have you all stop by my blog x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the little "Hurrah!" feeling! And thanks for the link to the WBI Twitter card! Off to see if it's still available!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your pages! And I really like that you got yourself in the album. I need to remember to do that more often. : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pages. That picture is great. :D That tweet card is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooo...love the way you used the top of a journaling card to make a flap. Great idea! I like that you included a picture of yourself and used your handwriting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your layout it looks great!! I am also a big fan of using my own handwriting even if I am not that fond. I love to read and look at old handwriting and believe it or not one day we will be old haha!! So, to me it's important as well. Love all your extras as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great page, Jules!! Thanks for linking up on my blog! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the photos... so much fun... and handwriting... true to life journaling... love it. ~ kimmy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'd love to hear your comments!