Monday 25 April 2011

Finding balance

This Bank Holiday weekend has been amazing. Not that I flew off to the South Coast of France, or ate at any five star restaurants or even that I did anything that anyone else would be jealous of. But what was so amazing to me was the difference those extra few days have made. I have had the time to stop, think and enjoy my life.

My weekends are normally spent trying to catch up on the work at home that I haven't had the chance to do during the busy week, as well as grocery shopping and laundry. Spending time with Chloe is important to me too, even if that is just watching Saturday night television together or going out for lunch. And where possible, I like to fit in a bit of writing or crafting or photography too - anything to exercise those creative muscles.

However, it is a struggle, and I do find myself fighting to make everything fit in. I often wonder if it's just me that feels like this, whether I am the only one who finds themselves spending the majority of the time doing what I think I have to do, and spending the least amount of time doing what I actually want to do? We all have to earn a living, and so work necessarily has to take up most of the time. Surely though, there's a better way? There must be a way to balance this better, so I can feel like my life is productive and happy and fulfilling.  Actively deciding to find that balance is the first step. I'm going to find time to make a life, not just to make a living.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'd love to hear your comments!