Monday 21 May 2012

Project Life 2012: May part 2 Chloe turns 15

I will be linking up with The Mom Creative for Project Life Tuesday, as always. If you've hopped here from there, a big welcome; and if you haven't visited yet, drop by for inspiration and lots of fun stuff.

After a break last week, I'm back! Rather than a regular PL page, I have a spread all about one very special occasion - the celebration of my amazing daughter Chloe turning 15! I'm finding it quite hard to believe she is actually 15 now, as it really does seem like just yesterday that she was a toddler and following me around everywhere! However, she is turning into one fabulous young lady, and I'm privileged to be her mother.

Chloe's birthday fell on Sunday but it was a whole weekend of celebration - friends came to stay - one on Friday and two on Saturday, we went out to eat on Saturday evening at our local Chiquito's and the girls chilled on Sunday after Chloe had opened her cards and gifts. It was all about the fun, food, moustaches, bubbles, giggles and more fun! Oh and Adam, there was a lot of Adam, especially when he tweeted her happy birthday. She hasn't stopped talking about that.

Rather than my usual talk around the photos, I'm pretty much going to let the photographs speak for themselves this week. I used a mix of digital templates (wonderful Cathy Z tiny templates are much in evidence here, Simple Stories Happy Day range, Echo Park This & That and Charming range, as well as lots and lots of photos.

The double page spread:



The left side:


The right side:



Left side close ups:






Right side close ups:







Looking back, it was a busy old weekend. That would explain why I am feeling a little sleepy right now!

Till next time.




14 comments:

  1. Hi Jules, thanks for leaving that lovely comment on my blog, lm so happy your having a better week and your up and running again, l suppose it doesn't really matter how far away people are as long as we stick together when when feeling down and its cheaper than a phone call (LOL), so lovin your pages this week, WOW, that pic of chole and the bubbles is amazing, so glad she had a good time with her mates, and glad that your so proud of her, daugthers are so special, sons are too, but daughters are a gift, my daughter lives 3 hours away so we dont get to see her as often as we like, hopefully one day that will change, love all the colour that you used in your paper this week, you just gotta love that simple stories range, l also brought some this and that EP papers last week, have a great week Jules, if l ever make it to Scotland one day to find my hertiage we will grab a cuppa together, dont know if that will ever happen as l dont like planes very much and l keep spending all my money on scrap supplies (LOL).......CHEERS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pages Jules. I love Chloe's tartan dress! Look like she had a fabulous birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I actually kinda wish they did that tartan dress in my size cos I thought it was lovely too!

      Delete
  3. Oooh, loving your layout this week! I love the Chloe is 15 card, especially! That is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pages this week. That birthday card with a pic from each year made me tear up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! How quickly do they grow up?!

      Delete
  5. Happy birthday to your daughter! What cool and fun pages for her to remember such a special day. I like that you included pictures of her through the years. I bet she loves these pages. Greta job mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the birthday wish. She does love these pages - and I'm betting she'll love them even more in ten years' time. That's what it's all about huh? Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. I ♥ ♥ ♥ the collage you did of her at each age. What a cool thing to have!
    I also LOVE the title page card...so cute w/ the banners.
    That is so awesome that you went all out with the staches and that Adam tweeted her.
    You're a fun Mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa. Being a Mum is my absolute favourite 'job' in the world, so I try to put as much effort into it as I do any other job. After all, it's the one role that gives me so much more back! She was so excited that Adam tweeted her; it was the cutest thing!

      Delete
  7. I love how FUN your pages are! Congratulations on your daughter's birthday! Great colour and details. I also love the collage of her each year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment, Fiona!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'd love to hear your comments!