Monday 7 May 2012

Project Life 2012: May part 1

I will be linking up with The Mom Creative for Project Life Tuesday, as always. If you've hopped here from there, a big welcome; and if you haven't visited yet, drop by for inspiration and lots of fun stuff.

So as usual, here's the page overview:

The title card is quick and easy - a Clementine title card with the addition of some text using PSE and then a 'This is Fabulous' element cut from the fabulous DCWV Snapshot Stack (thanks to April for highlighting this amazing stack on her blog!) and pasted onto the card.

Next up is a photo of Chloe in my Mum's garden, playing with Poppy, my mother's West Highland Terrier. She and Chloe dote on each other, and it's so sweet to see them having fun together. Thanks to inspiration from the ever wonderful Cathy Zielske, I journalled quick captions straight onto some of the photos using two different fonts - and I like the way it looks (especially on the desk photo coming up soon).

Chloe, in her way too quick journey to becoming grown up, had her first visit to a beauty salon to get her eyebrows waxed. I captured a before and after, and also journaled it a little:



As well as PL and scrapbooking, I also love making cards. I do however, sometimes, lack inspiration when it comes to cards for teens. I made this card for my brother's girlfriend's daughter - I hope she likes it.

I was playing round with the settings on my camera, and took lots of photos of my desk, just to compare how the different effects worked. I absolutely loved how this negative effect photo turned out (look how my pink laptop and phone went all cute blue!), so decided to use it to describe my life at my desk! I am so happy with how the text on this photo turned out - I think it kinda looks like the text on a magazine picture.



I also put together a quick page on a special event this week - my friend and I went to see Dancing on Ice tour, where Torville and Dean had coached some celebrities to skate - it was fabulous. I haven't got around to photographing the page yet, but here are some of the shots from the event:





Another fab week. And I'll be able to remember it in detail - thanks to Project Life!

Have a wonderful week ahead, all!

18 comments:

  1. Great layout Jules - love the colour choice with the orangy clementiney theme - looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was feeling bouncy and happy, so the orange seemed appropriate!

      Delete
  2. Hey Jules, I see what you mean about the Orange... Looks great.

    You had a lot going on this week - love the negative photo! The photo of Chloe with the dog is sooooo cute.

    Isn't PL great for capturing something like a first trip to the beauty salon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sharon.
      The negative photo was one of those happy accidents; I wasn't intending on keeping or printing any of those test shots, but couldn't delete that one!
      Yep, I LOVE that I can preserve all those memories I would have otherwise have forgotten. I can see Chloe and I sitting down in 10 years, looking back thru this album, and laughing about all these times!

      Delete
  3. Hi Jules,

    Another great week in your PL, love seeing what your up to. How exciting to be at the Dancing with the Stars Ice show, great pictures!! How brave your daughter was, she looks great. I've always wanted to do mine but afraid of the pain, lol... cute picture of her and the dog, best buddies for sure.
    Thanks for sharing and have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dawn - yes, it was an amazing show. Some of the skating pieces moved me to almost tears!
      Thanks for stopping by and commenting - always great to see you!

      Delete
  4. I am here from Project life. Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog. I don't do scrapbooking but thought I would try out this meme anyway with pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all about the photos and memories, Kara! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

      Delete
  5. I am LOVING The Snapshot Stack lately, too! :) The elements go so great with Project Life :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you always had that white border around your pics?
    I just noticed it this week and think it looks great.
    I agree with you...I ♥ the text you put on your pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa. I usually print the photos without borders, but I put the white border on from time to time - this week I was in that kind of defined mood!
      Thanks for noticing!

      Delete
  7. Hi Jules, what a great page, love all the orange colour, and your card is beautiful, lm sure your friend will love it, great pics of Torville and Dean, l sort of meet them once , l was working at the motel where they were staying and bumped into them in the elevater, but they didnt say anything, the before and after shots of Chloe are fab, thats a great idea, have a great week and l hope the sun is shining in Scotland this week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kate. The nearest we got to Torville & Dean was several rows back in the show, so you got way nearer them than we did, but the show was fabulous nonetheless!
      You must be my lucky charm because the sun is indeed shining today - it's very bright out there. Not warm, but at least it's bright!
      Hope all is well with you, too.

      Delete
  8. great work as always! loving your date card this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Dee! I think the PhotoStack element really makes the date card - love love that stack! Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment x

      Delete
  9. fun, fun week! You're right, that pic totally looks like out of a magazine or design editor or something. I like that numbers card a lot too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jules! Love the photo of your desk...very cool how the color turned out! Also love the before & after picture of Chloe. What a great idea! Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'd love to hear your comments!